Understanding Your Limited Company
Sorry, we are no longer offering this course.
Learn the fundamentals of your new limited company
Now that you've formed your company, we'll show you the fundamental things you need to know about owning a limited company.
Our half day 'Understanding Your Limited Company' course is guaranteed to help you understand the rules and regulations surrounding limited companies. Designed especially for new startups and owners or managers who want a light introduction to the responsibilities of owning a limited company, you will learn:
- Basic fundamentals of a limited company
- Understanding the jargon
- Rules and regulations relating to directors
- Information relating to accounts and Annual Returns
- Guidance, shares, shareholders and shareholder agreements
Available Course Dates
- Sorry, we are no longer offering this course.
1. Basic Fundamentals
- What is a limited company?
- Basic company law
- Concept of limited liability
2. Understanding the Jargon
- Directors, company secretary, shareholders
- The registered office
- A service address
- Annual accounts and Annual Returns
- Memorandum and Articles
- Capital and shares
3. Rules for Directors
- What is a director?
- Directors' responsibilities and liabilities
4. Accounts and Annual Return
- Dormant accounts
- Abbreviated accounts
- Companies Act formats
- Fine deadlines
- The Annual Return
5. Shares, Shareholders and Shareholders' Agreements
- What are shares?
- Different types of shares
- What are shareholders and their rights?
- An introduction to shareholders' agreements