All of our company formation packages come with digital share certificates for each shareholder in the company.
What is a Share Certificate?
The share certificate is a company document that outlines individual shareholder information including:
- The shareholder’s name
- The shareholder’s address (the one provided to Companies House – not necessarily residential)
- The class of shares held
- The number of shares held
Share certificates should be presented to shareholders; copies should also be kept for company records.
To download a Share Certificate (if your company is on our system)
- Login in at Companies Made Simple
- Select “My Companies” and then click on the relevant company name
- Scroll to the Shareholders area and then select “Download” (You may need to type in the shareholder’s address)
- You can then view the document!
If the shareholding situation changes in a company, you can download new share certificates as soon as the change has been recognised by Companies House (eg an annual return with new shareholder information has been filed and accepted).
Do you have any questions regarding this or anything else to do with limited company formations? Leave a comment and we’ll be happy to help.