Last updated Feb 28, 2024 and written by Tom Richardson

Adding New Shares to your Limited Company

If you wish to add new shares to your Limited Company you need to file a Return of Allotment of Shares (SH01) form with Companies House.

If your company is on our system you can complete the Return of Allotment of Shares online with us. Simply login, access “My Companies”, click on your company name and then next to “Share Capital” click “Return of Allotment of Shares”.

You then simply need to enter the amount of new shares that you wish to add to the company. The request is normally accepted by Companies House within 3 working hours.

Please note that the shareholder of these new shares is not specified with Companies House until a confirmation statement is filed.