Yes you can. Companies House allow limited companies to change their name for a fee (which depends on the filing method). There are a number of ways to change a company name:
There are a few things worth noting before proceeding with a company name change:
• Online filing of the name change takes roughly 3 working hours to be processed by Companies House.
• Paper filing takes roughly one week to be processed by Companies House.
• If the proposed company name includes any “Sensitive words and expressions” only paper filing can be accepted. Supporting documentation must be provided to demonstrate the suitability of the name.
• The company number does not change when a company changes its name.
This post was brought to you by Mathew Aitken at Companies Made Simple – The Simplest Company Formation Service
Keep up to date. Subscribe to our RSS
Latest posts by Mathew Aitken (see all)
- What’s your business’s most important asset? It’s probably not what you think - January 12, 2018
- An interview with Latif Baluch and Ramy Al Kadhi from Calio - January 3, 2018
- What happens if I miss my Confirmation Statement or Annual Accounts deadline? - January 3, 2018