Yes you can. Companies House allow limited companies to change their name for a fee (which depends on the filing method). There are a number of ways to change a company name:
There are a few things worth noting before proceeding with a company name change:
• Online filing of the name change takes roughly 3 working hours to be processed by Companies House.
• Paper filing takes roughly one week to be processed by Companies House.
• If the proposed company name includes any “Sensitive words and expressions” only paper filing can be accepted. Supporting documentation must be provided to demonstrate the suitability of the name.
• The company number does not change when a company changes its name.
This post was brought to you by Mathew Aitken at Companies Made Simple – The Simplest Company Formation Service
Keep up to date. Subscribe to our RSS
Latest posts by Mathew Aitken (see all)
- An interview with George Bevis, founder of Tide - May 1, 2018
- Think you’re stuck with your company name? Think again - March 19, 2018
- A fresh start for freelancers: 6 New Year’s resolutions for the self-employed – Guest post from FreeAgent - January 23, 2018