Yes you can. Companies House allow limited companies to change their name for a fee (which depends on the filing method). There are a number of ways to change a company name:
There are a few things worth noting before proceeding with a company name change:
• Online filing of the name change takes roughly 3 working hours to be processed by Companies House.
• Paper filing takes roughly one week to be processed by Companies House.
• If the proposed company name includes any “Sensitive words and expressions” only paper filing can be accepted. Supporting documentation must be provided to demonstrate the suitability of the name.
• The company number does not change when a company changes its name.
This post was brought to you by Mathew Aitken at Companies Made Simple – The Simplest Company Formation Service
Keep up to date. Subscribe to our RSS
Latest posts by Mathew Aitken (see all)
- Startup Story with Andrew Weaver, founder of LawyerFair - January 29, 2016
- Startup Story with Paul Stewart, founder of Uni Baggage - January 12, 2016
- Annual Return and Annual Account due dates explained – infographic - January 8, 2016