Reserve a Company Name
Protect the company name you want or the name you trade under
- We register your chosen name with Companies House
- We look after all statutory obligations and responsibilities of owning a limited company
Reserve a Company Name
A new limited company with your chosen name, which we will maintain on your behalf.
IMPORTANT: This service is annually renewable should you wish us to continue filing the dormant accounts and annual return.
This service is useful if
- You are thinking of starting your own business in the future and do not want to lose your proposed company name to someone else.
- You are trading under a business name as a sole trader or partnership.
- You need a non-trading or dormant company.
- To reserve your company name the cost is £49.99 per annum.
- Once you decide to trade simply advise us to cancel the service and we will not file any dormant accounts on the anniversary of the company incorporation.
- Once payment is made, we will send you and email with an application form attached, simply send us the completed form back via email and we will process it and submit it to Companies House.
- The company will be formed within 24 hours, although most formations are completed on the same day.
Reserve a Company Name FAQs
Why would I want to reserve a company name?
The purchase of a company under the ‘Reserve a Name’ service implies that no trading of any sort is undertaken in the name you wish to reserve (i.e. no significant accounting transactions during a financial year).
Why does a limited company have to be created to reserve a name?
It is not possible to have more than one company with the same name. If you are thinking of starting your own company but are not quite ready, by reserving a name you make sure no-one else takes the name you want.
If you are running a business as a sole trader or partnership, reserving the name makes certain that a company does not set up with the same name as your business.
Will you remind me when the reserved name is due for renewal?
Yes, reminders will be sent out once a week for three weeks prior to expiry in each year. If you fail to renew in time the service will be terminated.
Do I have to worry about the responsibilities of owning a limited company?
No, you will not. The company will be incorporated using our Registered Office address in EC1 but you will stand as Director and Shareholder. The annual charge for keeping the company for you is £49.99. This includes the registered office service and the filing of the annual return and dormant accounts each year. While we are providing the Reserve a Company Name service, you should not trade with it as filing dormant accounts while trading is an offence.
Do I get an incorporation certificate?
You will get a copy of the incorporation certificate only once the service has ended. Your company details will however be available for you to view in the 'My Companies' section of your online account.
What happens if I no longer want the reserved name?
It will need to be dissolved at Companies House following the proper procedures.
Is this service available for all limited companies?
No, the service is only available for companies limited by shares and registered in England and Wales.
Can I reserve a company using any words I want?
No, reserved companies are subject to the same rules as limited companies and sensitive words cannot be used.
Can I still trade as a sole trader whilst using this service?
Yes, absolutely. This will have no impact upon your existing registered dormant company until you decide you want to trade as a limited company instead.