Last updated Jan 23, 2024 and written by Tom Richardson

Adding new Shares and Shareholders to your Limited Company

To add new shares to a limited company you need to file the “SHO1-Return of allotment of shares” document with Companies House (this can be filed via paper of via our online admin portal).

Companies House do not request the name/s of who is to receive these shares at this stage (shares can be given to existing or brand new shareholders). To notify Companies House of this you simply need to file an annual return. You can either wait until the return is due or file it early.