Search ideas, news and case studies
- Company Formation - Companies Made Simple
- Company Registration
- Company Finance
- Company Formation News
- Companies House
- Business Planning
- Post Company Formation
- The Diary of A Company Formation
- Company Name
- VAT Registration
- Limited Company
- Company Register
- Ready Made Company
- Real Business Case Studies
- Guest Post
- Domain Name
- Dormant Company
- Registered Office
Where's my WebFiling Authentication Code?
The Webfiling Authentication Code is made up of 6 alphanumeric characters and enables you to make online updates to your company, through both our system and the Companies House system. With it you can file documents to; appoint a new director, resign a current one, change the registered office, add brand new shares, change your accounting reference date – and much more (all via online filing). Think of it like your company’s online signature. But how do find your company’s WebFiling Authentication Code?
Well, that depends on how you formed your company…
If you formed your company with us
– you will find your code in your company’s admin system. To view your code:
- Log in to your Company Formation MadeSimple account
- Select ‘My Companies’
- Click on your company’s name
- You’ll find the WebFiling Authentication Code in the ‘Company Details’ section
The process if you formed with an alternative formation agent will be similar.
If you formed your company directly with Companies House
– your code will have been mailed to the registered office (not your home address, unless your registered office is your home address) a few weeks after incorporation. This code will not be displayed anywhere so if you’ve misplaced it you will need to request a new code from Companies House. To do this:
- Register for Companies House WebFiling, or log in if you are already registered
- Click the ‘Request an authentication code’ link
- Select where your company was formed and enter the company number – then click ‘Continue’
- Select ‘Request code’
- You’ll receive your code by post
Your new WebFiling Authentication Code will be mailed to your company’s registered office.
Once you do have it, you should consider adding your company to our system. This is totally free to do and allows you to quickly and simply manage your company – plus, you’ll have a secure place to access your WebFiling Authentication Code. To add your company to our system:
- Create an account on Company Formation MadeSimple, or log in if you already have one
- From your ‘Dashboard’ select ‘Import a company’
- Enter your company number and WebFiling Authentication Code – then select ‘Import Company’
Your company will then be added to the system.
We hope that you’ve found this post helpful. If you still have any questions about your WebFiling Authentication Code, company secretarial duties, or limited companies in general, take a look at our Knowledgebase where you’ll find the answer to any queries that you have.