Last updated Mar 22, 2024 and written by Tom Richardson

I’m registered for PROOF but I no longer have access to my registered office. What do I do?

Last Updated: 05/09/2014

A few weeks ago we blogged about PROOF, the Companies House fraud protection service. In short PROOF means that everything for your company must be filed online. Companies House stop accepting paper forms for your company.

Therefore, if your company is signed up for PROOF, having access to your registered office is integral. It is the only place Companies House will send the company authentication code if you have lost it. And if you have no code your company is in a state of limbo as no changes can be made.

So what to do if you have misplaced your code, no longer have access to your registered office and are signed up for PROOF (this may sound unlikely but trust us, it happens)?

The only thing you can do is contact the Companies House fraud team at [email protected] and explain the situation.