Last updated Mar 22, 2024 and written by Tom Richardson

My Director has moved house. How do I change the address with Companies House?

Director addresses can be easily amended on the Companies House records. To notify Companies House of an address change (Service and Residential can both be changed) you can:

• Complete the “CH01 Change of director’s details” document and then file with Companies House. The change should be accepted within a week of Companies House receiving the document.

• Or, if your company is on our company admin portal select “Edit” next to the relevant director and make the necessary change (when logged in). The change should be accepted within 3 working hours of the application being submitted.

There is no charge to change a director’s address.

If your company is not yet on the company admin portal why not upload it? All you need to do is sign up, select “Import Company” and then enter your company number and authentication code. No payment necessary.