Last updated Apr 03, 2024 and written by Jennifer Howden

Changing Your Registered Office Without the Webfiling Authentication Code

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, you can now manage all your company filing (officer appointments, confirmation statement, updating the registered office and much more) online. This is all enabled by a code known as the Webfiling Authentication Code (WAC) that is provided straight after a company has been formed.

If you formed your company with us, the Company House Authentication Code can be found on your company admin page (Login > ‘My Companies’ > Click on your company name)

Does the code expire?

It can do; Companies House will expire your current code if you file a paper document with them. Here’s where problems can occur…

How can I update my Registered Office without the Webfiling Authentication Code?

This is one of the most common questions that we’re asked. When you request a new Webfiling Authentication Code, Companies House send it via regular mail to the registered office. Now if you’re trying to update the registered office, it’s possible that you no longer have access to the current registered office, therefore you’ll never receive the letter. Aaaaaggghhhh!

What a conundrum… but fear not!

Simply use the AD01 form below; this form will allow you to update your registered office the old fashioned way. Print it, complete it, and then post it to Companies House as per the instructions. Then, once the registered office has changed, request the code again.

AD01 – Change of registered office address

Do you have any questions about this process? Leave a comment below and we’ll be in touch.