Search ideas, news and case studies
- Company Formation - Companies Made Simple
- Company Registration
- Company Finance
- Company Formation News
- Companies House
- Business Planning
- Post Company Formation
- The Diary of A Company Formation
- Company Name
- VAT Registration
- Limited Company
- Company Register
- Ready Made Company
- Real Business Case Studies
- Guest Post
- Domain Name
- Dormant Company
- Registered Office
Important Fraud Notice from Companies House – Warning: ‘Late Filing Penalty’ scam
At MadeSimple Group we want to help you create the best business possible, and part of that is keeping you informed and aware of any fraud that might occur.
Companies House have recently informed us of a ‘Late Filing Penalty’ scam. All businesses formed through Company Formation MadeSimple should make themselves aware of this latest fraud activity and be vigilant during any correspondence regarding late filing fees or penalties.
Details are as follows:
- Companies have been contacted asking for payment of a late filing penalty over the telephone.
- The caller says they will accept a payment of £5 by credit or debit card and will place a hold on any further action being taken.
- Please Note: Companies House will not contact you for immediate payment of a late filing penalty or request payment of a nominal fee to place a hold on any recovery action.
- Payment plans are set up with the agreement of the manager dealing with your late filing penalty query – Companies House will not call you to take a payment.
We ask that our customers please take note of these details and make themselves, and anyone involved in the administration of their company, aware to avoid being affected by this latest scam.
Watch Out For Scams & Fraudulent Activity
It’s important to keep your company aware of any scams, and at MadeSimple Group we endeavour to keep you abreast of all the latest developments.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our blog, which has a huge amount of really great resources available for your business.