Search ideas, news and case studies
- Company Formation - Companies Made Simple
- Company Registration
- Company Finance
- Company Formation News
- Companies House
- Business Planning
- Post Company Formation
- The Diary of A Company Formation
- Company Name
- VAT Registration
- Limited Company
- Company Register
- Ready Made Company
- Real Business Case Studies
- Guest Post
- Domain Name
- Dormant Company
- Registered Office
How do I change a director's date of birth?
When it comes to a limited company’s director there’s quite a bit you can change online: Name, service address (official address), residential address, occupation, even the nationality. The date of birth however, is not so simple to update. After all, whilst all of the above can change, someone’s date of birth can’t. But what if you entered the incorrect date of birth when appointing a director?
The good news is, this information can be changed (and you don’t need to resign as a director and then reappoint yourself). It’s just not as simple as logging into your account with us (or going straight through the Companies House website) and making the change online.
To change a director’s date of birth you need to complete and file two documents with Companies House:
- If the director with the incorrect date of birth was appointed during company formation you need to file the RP02A and RPCH01.
- If the director was appointed after company formation you need to file the RP02A and AP01
Once the documents have been received at Companies House it normally takes around 10 days for the update to be made.