Search ideas, news and case studies
- Company Formation - Companies Made Simple
- Company Registration
- Company Finance
- Company Formation News
- Companies House
- Business Planning
- Post Company Formation
- The Diary of A Company Formation
- Company Name
- VAT Registration
- Limited Company
- Company Register
- Ready Made Company
- Real Business Case Studies
- Guest Post
- Domain Name
- Dormant Company
- Registered Office
Changing the Registered Office Address: Restrictions
Depending on where your UK Limited Company was formed*, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales, there are limitations upon on where the Registered Office can be moved to.
The restrictions are as follows:
• Companies formed in England and Wales can only change the Registered Office to other addresses based in England or Wales. A company formed in England can move the Registered Office from England to Wales and vice-versa.
• Companies formed in Scotland can only change the Registered Office to other addresses based in Scotland.
• Companies formed in Northern Ireland can only change the Registered Office to other addresses based in Northern Ireland.
* The location of the company’s first Registered Office determines where the company is registered